Pages

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Weekend Adventure: The Badger Game

I had my pediatric "Shelf" exam on Friday (like a final, when the rotation ends), which means that I basically had the weekend free from a moral obligation to study.  It just so happened that my family procured Badger tickets.  An adventure was in the making.

Peter had final exams last week, with his final-final exam on Saturday, so he couldn't come to the game.  No worries, enter my friend Laura.  It was great to have a driving buddy for the 2 1/2 hour trek up to Madison.  She's a Wisconsinite too, so it was only fitting that I ask her :)

It was SUCH a nice day...windy and a little chilly, but sunny and gorgeous.  We met up with Tyler, Sara, and my parents in the late morning and headed over to a parking lot to tailgate.  My mom planned a great lunch menu, and did all the cooking.  She deserves a round of applause...lunch was wonderful and super fun, complete with really hot cider (thanks to an awesome thermos), appetizers, hot turkey sandwiches, "buffalo wings", pasta salad, cookies, and cranberry bread.  There was even Captain Morgan in a pickle jar, just incase...
Rox and her great awesome tailgate


The actual game was super fun, though like usual I chatted with my neighbors more than I actually watched the game.  Someone usually needed to tell me how there were 14 extra points on the board...How does someone miss 2 touchdowns while in the stadium?  Only while chatting with my mom...
Creeper T!
At some point, I got to wear that silly hat.  Everyone had one!

We left in the middle of the third quarter because we were all pretty cold, and let's be honest, by that point, the Badgers had it in the bag.  We walked back to our car (instead of waiting for the shuttle buses)...it was great to get moving again!
On the shuttle bus!

It's always sad to leave my family, but med school calls, so Laura and I packed up ourselves and started the long-ish trek back to Chicago.  We were both soooo tired!  An entire day of fresh air is more than we've had in about 4 months (hospital air is NOT fresh air, that's for sure).
Badger band
See, told you I wore the silly hat
I hope you had a wonderful weekend!  I start my next rotation on Monday...family medicine.  I'll have a 44 mile commute each way :(, but I'll be one-on-one with 2 doctors, so that has potential.

No comments:

Post a Comment