Pages

Sunday, November 13, 2011

Thanksgiving Tablescape

Tablescape:  an annoying word for how you decorate a table.  If you think about it, you're going to so much trouble to cook a meal to share with people, so you might as well put some effort into WHERE you're going to be eating it.

My aunt Tammy (Tete) is an excellent decorator (my grandmas and mother aren't too shabby either).  She can take some mirrors, water, bows, and tulle make a wedding or anniversary party extra special.  Since we are spending Thanksgiving in Chicago this year, and we have 4 friends coming to celebrate with us, I wanted to do something festive.

I found these orange placemats at Walmart, along with the napkins.  The mirror, hurricane, and votives are borrowed from my aunt/grandma's endless supply of party decorations.  The pine cones are also from Walmart, and have a little bit of glitter on the tips, just for some sparkle.

What are you doing for Thanksgiving?

No comments:

Post a Comment