Pages

Sunday, November 27, 2011

Amy's Chili

Here's the thing about chili: everyone has a different way of making it...and by different, I mean different.  Meat or no meat?  Beans? Noodles?  Thick or frightfully runny?  Corn?  Red or white?  Crackers?  See what I mean...


Mine is nothing special, and to be honest, it's different almost every time I make it.  But here's how I did it this time, and it was pretty good, if I do say so myself.  
Cornbread rounds out the meal :)

Serve with a dollop of sour cream...or loaded with ungodly
amounts of cheese, chips, and sour cream.  Your choice

Amy's Chili
1 lb extra lean ground beef
1 onion, diced
4 cloves garlic, minced
1-28 oz can diced tomatoes
1-28 oz can crushed tomatoes
1-14 oz can beef broth
1-14oz can kidney beans
2 Tbsp chili powder
1 Tbsp dry mustard
2 Tbsp salt
Dash of red chili flakes 
2 cups small cut pasta (I used shells)

In a large stock pot, brown beef.  Drain and set aside.  Sauté onion, adding garlic as the onion softens.  Pour in beef broth, all tomatoes, kidney beans, and all seasonings.  Add beef back and stir.  Heat over medium until up to a simmer.  Add in pasta and continue to cook until the pasta is tender.  Serve with warm corn bread, crackers, or whatever you'd like.


No comments:

Post a Comment