Pages

Monday, August 22, 2011

Brownie Muffins

Today was a completely "OB-free" day for me, which of course means frazzled household chores, catching up on reading for my clerkship, grocery shopping, working out, walking Lady, making dinner...you know how it goes.  Baking had to be on my list, because really, why not?  :)
Don't get the big jar of pumpkin...get the smaller one (14.5 oz).
This was all Peter could find :)

I'm a big fan of sneaking in hidden vegetables in unnoticeable places, and making sinful treats healthier.  Double score with this recipe.  This is a recipe from Hungry Girl, and like many of her treats, they are yummy and magically lighter than regular cupcakes!  You need literally 2 ingredients:  chocolate box cake mix, and a 14.5 oz can of pumpkin puree (DO NOT use pumpkin pie filling...make sure you check the label at the store!).  I can just see your nose turning up right now but give them a chance!  (as a matter of fact, select members of my family have been served this recipe in cake form by my mother...sneaky!!)

Literally pour out the powdered cake mix and dump in a can of pumpkin, and mix well.  Don't add anything else, like eggs, oil or water.  Just trust me!  The batter will be very very very thick.  This is good.

Then scoop into a muffin pan with greased liners.  Bake at 425 about 16-18 minutes or until not gooey inside.
They will puff up slightly.  You could do this recipe in a 9x13 pan and frost with some light Cool Whip. After I took the above picture, I sprinkled some untoasted coconut on top of a few of them.  While baking, the coconut got all golden.  I'd imagine other sprinkled items would be great as well.

Brownie Muffins
Recipe from Hungry Girl

1 box chocolate cake mix
1 14.5 oz can pumpkin

Preheat oven to 425, and line a muffin tin with liners and grease.   Mix two ingredients together, and using an ice cream scoop, fill muffin tin.  Bake 16 minutes or until cake is done but not overbaked!  Enjoy warm, cold, with ice cream, with cool whip, the possibilities are endless,

No comments:

Post a Comment