Pages

Sunday, October 9, 2011

Weekend in Review

How is it Sunday night?  When weekend actually mean something (not going to school/work), they have a funny way of flying by.  I object.
Homemade ginger ale...delish!
We had a lovely weekend, and I thought I'd share the highlights with you.  We went for dinner last night at a Chinese-ish restaurant near Michigan Ave called Big Bowl.  Random searching on yelp.com did us well.  
Summer roll appetizer

I'm going to have a room full of these someday

Shrimp and scallops plus some delicious broth

We then had a family movie night and watched Transformers 3.  Can anyone spot the dog in the picture?  She looks super comfortable, doesn't she?  Excellent movie, by the way.  The part that takes place in Chicago is way cool to see, since I live by most of the buildings they showed.  One of our friends said that our apartment complex is flashed for a second...I didn't spot it.

Today I went to Sam's Club in a particularly seedy part of town.  Whoops...guess I'll be driving to the one in Evanston from now on.  Big city living, I guess.  
What to read, what to read....Rachael wins
Finished off the weekend with a yummy pork roast and ironing.  Ugh, ironing.  I'm abysmal at it.  I'm still a little wrinkly, but I just keep telling myself that makes me approachable...right?

Did you have a nice weekend?  I hope you did.  Peter has most of the week off, so he will be assuming the head chef role.  I promised him I'd post what he makes :)  Bear with us.

Back to peds in the morning,
Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment