Pages

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Easy Peasy Pizza

As I mentioned, Peter is "head chef" this week due to some optometry conference that shut down the school.  OMG, can I tell you, to come home to someone cooking so I can go work out, plus a clean bathroom, plus fresh flowers, plus a walked and fed dog, well, it's amazing.  After 11 hours at the hospital, it's refreshing to not have to worry about too much!

We've made pizza like this before:  Store bought crust that is already formed: you just throw it in the oven.  I buy the whole-wheat version, which is lower in calories, plus it's thin crust to begin with.  He added pepperoni, browned some lean ground beef, veggies and cheese.  Of course, you can make this with whatever you want, but the trick is to not use too much sauce or overload your pizza, especially since this is a thinner crust.
Peter has had a tutorial about NOT standing in front of the
photo to avoid making a shadow....


Bake at 425 and then broil; you guys know how to make a pizza.  Let cool while you enjoy a salad, then dig in!  I'm taking the leftovers from "my half" for lunch today...happiness in a tuppy.

Now, I do know how to make a mean homemade whole wheat pizza dough, which would be wonderful if it wasn't Tuesday night (and if Peter wanted to work with yeast...I barely do, so that might be too much to ask).  I'll share that recipe with you sometime, but for now, this is a "recipe-less" recipe.
Can you guess which half is mine?  

Here's to helpful husbands,
Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment