Pages

Saturday, October 8, 2011

Pumpkin Pie Pancakes

This morning, we didn't have to be at the hospital, school, or clinic.  What a glorious thing!  We leisurely enjoyed some coffee, and I whipped up a batch of these Pumpkin Pie Pancakes.  Yum.  What is with this time of year and pumpkin flavored things?  I bought pumpkin spice coffee creamer today too.  It's a sickness.

I used complete pancake mix (like I normally do) because I think they rise nicer and are fluffier than if I make them from scratch (plus it's easy).  Then I added in some pumpkin puree (leftover from my pumpkin spice latte adventure), pumpkin pie spice and cinnamon, vanilla, and water.  Then cook like normal!

The end result isn't too pumpkin-like, so if you're not a huge fan, give these a try anyway.  Plus the pumpkin adds some fiber (love it).

Pumpkin Pie Pancakes
Makes 6 small pancakes, 2 servings
1 cup complete pancake mix
1/3 cup pumpkin puree
1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1/2 tsp cinnamon
Splash of vanilla extract
Enough water to make a batter (not too runny, not too thick)
Butter, shortening or cooking spray to grease pan

Combine all ingredients.  Slowly add water, stirring, until batter forms.  Heat a large skillet over medium heat and grease.  Drop 1/6 of the batter (a few spoonfuls), making 3 pancakes at a time to prevent overcrowding.  Flip when bottom is lightly browned.  Cook a few minutes on the other side.  Serve with a little maple syrup.  Fall breakfast heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment