Pages

Friday, August 31, 2012

Peanut Butter Cup Pie

I took a bite out of that far one.  Don't judge me.

So this recipe is delicious.  Peter's favorite candy is a Resees Peanut Butter Cup, and this pie matches the flavor profile pretty well!  The weirdest part is that you melt Cool Whip with chocolate chips for the topping!  I've never had to do that before and it looked like it would be a mess, but it made the smoothest topping.  Who knew?

On Sunday I'm off to Madison!  I'm staying with a (seems to be) nice host family and will have a roommate, a fourth year med student from Colorado.  This feels suspiciously like my freshman year in college all over again; unknown roommate, I have no idea where I'm going, etc.  It will be super weird to be away from Peter and Lady for a month, but I'm excited to "scout" Madison's program (oh yeah, and make them love me too :)

Happy Labor Day Weekend everyone!

Peanut Butter Cup Pie

Prepared graham cracker crust
1 package (8oz) fat free/low fat cream cheese
1/2 cup plus 1 Tbsp creamy peanut butter
1 cup cold milk
1 package sugar free instant vanilla pudding
2 1/2 cups Cool Whip, divided
3/4 cup chocolate chips

Beat cream cheese and 1/2 cup PB in a mixing bowl until smooth.  Add milk and pudding mix, and beat until smooth.  Fold in 1 cup cool whip.  Spoon into crust.

Microwave remaining cool whip and chocolate in a bowl, stir until smooth.  Cool completely.  Then, spoon onto PB and smooth.  Refrigerate until ready to serve.  Before serving, microwave 1 Tbsp peanut butter in a sandwich-sized plastic bag for 10 seconds to soften.  Cut a small corner out of the tip, and drizzle over the pie.

No comments:

Post a Comment