Pages

Friday, September 28, 2012

Triple Chocolate Orange Cookies


That was a pretty big blogging hiatus I just took, again.  Between spending the month in Madison, WI on an away rotation and really not cooking much of anything, I didn't see the point.  Also, I'm in the middle of applying to residency (the three years I"ll spend after this, being a "doctor" but learning how to REALLY be a doctor), which is going swimmingly but was sorta time consuming.  Anywho, today is my last half-day in Madison, and at lunchtime, I'm headed back to Chicago!  You can't believe how much I've missed my kitchen, husband, and puppy (in no particular order :)

This weekend should be a fun one:  I have some great recipes planned (perhaps some will be worthy of sharing :), a trip to an apple orchard after brunch with great friends (even though no one in the Midwest could actually GROW any apples this year secondary to weird weather), and just plain relaxing!  Monday I start my next rotation in the NICU (neonatal intensive care unit), the scariest place on earth.  Not just for parents, but for med students, residents, and doctors in general.  Talk about the smallest margin of error ever!  I'm kind of pumped though...

I can't just ramble on and not at least supply you with a recipe.  I made these forever ago, and I actually crafted the recipe itself.  It seems like a basic cookie recipe, which it is, but chocolate and orange might be my favorite flavor combo, and this really lets that shine.  Plus two kinds of chocolate chips and cocoa powder?  Dreamy :)

Thanks for stopping back to read!  I've missed you!

Triple Chocolate Orange Cookies

1 3/4 cup flour
1/3 cup cocoa powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup butter
3/4 cup white sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 tsp vanilla
Zest from 1 orange
Juice from 1/2 orange
2 eggs
1/2 cup white chocolate chips
1 1/2 cups milk chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 375.  In a large bowl sift together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt.  In a mixer, cream together butter and sugars.  Add vanilla, orange zest and orange juice.  Beat in eggs 1 at a time.  Slowly add flour mixture to butter mixture.  Quickly beat or fold in chocolate chips.  Spoon onto prepared cookie sheets, and bake for 7-8 minutes, rotating once.  Transfer to cooling racks.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment