Pages

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Lisa's Applesauce Jello

When Peter and I started dating like 79 years ago, his mom made applesauce jello for a family dinner I attended.  I was a little weirded out...applesauce and jello?  That sounds like it belongs on a nursing home luncheon menu.  Of course I gave it a shot, and low and behold, it's lovely!!  It's smooth, but with some texture, giving ambiguous jello a little character.  It would be perfect with your Christmas meal as a "filler", and to add some color to the buffet.

This is also awesome "sick person" food.  As a medical professional, I bet tiny tummies (or adult-sized ones) would appreciate this recipe while recouping from some vague viral illness.  It should stay down :)

Lisa's Applesauce Jello
2 cups plain applesauce
2 small packages jello (any flavor: I used cranberry)
12 oz diet sprite/7-Up
4 oz water

In a medium sauce pan, heat applesauce and jello powder over medium heat until jello is dissolved.  Off the heat, stir in soda and water.  Pour mixture into 8x8 or 9x9 pan and refrigerate until set.

No comments:

Post a Comment