Pages

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Pork Chops with Apples and Onions

Fall is just a great time of year, don't you think?  Not that I've had a whole lot of "outside time" to enjoy (nor do I project much for the future...), but the concept is beautiful.  I think I get excited for all the seasons, mainly because I'm slightly attention deficit and the "mood-swing weather" that the Midwest offers keeps me guessing. 

Last night we made Pork Chops with Apples and Onions...a recipe adapted from the back of the McCormick spice pack you can find in the spice aisle of the grocery store.  Peter did most of the cooking, under my general direction :)  We substituted the brown sugar for maple syrup...a nice, fall-like touch, I think. 

Only 6 more days left of Gyne...is anyone counting, or am I the only one?

Pork Chops with Apples and Onions
Adapted from McCormick "Apple and Sage Pork Chops" spice pack

1 "Apple and Sage Pork Chops" Spice Pack

  • Contains 1 1/2 tsp rubbed sage, 1 tsp minced garlic, 1 tsp thyme leaves, 1/2 tsp ground allspice, and 1/2 tsp paprika

1 tbsp flour
1 tsp salt
4 boneless pork chops
2 tbsp olive oil
1 medium onion, thinly sliced
3 apples, peeled, cored and thinly sliced
1/2 cup apple juice
1/4 cup maple syrup

Mix flour, all of the spices and salt in a small bowl.  Sprinkle both sides of chops with 1 Tbsp of seasoned flour.  Cook pork chops in hot oil in a large skillet on medium-high heat until browned on both sides.  Remove from skillet.  Add onions and apples.  Cook until tender.  Stir in juice, syrup and remaining seasoned flour until well mixed.  Return chops to skillet and bring to boil.  Reduce heat to low and simmer 5 minutes or until pork chops are cooked through.

No comments:

Post a Comment