Pages

Saturday, September 17, 2011

Candy Corn Rice Crispies

Confession: candy corn is one of my favorite candies.  When we get to September and I see it on the shelves, I imagine all the fun things I can make with them, but they usually get dumped into a candy dish and I am stuck wrestling with self-control every time I pass it.  Not this year, people, not this year.

I had some "old" Rice Crispies cereal from earlier in the summer when I made Scotcharoos, and I wanted to clear the box from my pantry.  I also had some "old-ish" marshmallows.  Perfect!  I whipped up a batch of regular rice crispie treats (here), and then folded in some candy corn.  This turned out to be a major success, as the candy corn softened a bit in the hot marshmallow mixture.

The trick to getting the crispies in a pan is WET hands...there's no way you're going to make it happen otherwise.  Too sticky!!  Then let them cool and dry out a bit before covering them (or slicing and serving).  I'd imagine you could stir in all kinds of fun seasonal treats...pumpkin-shaped sprinkles, fall-colored M&Ms, any leftover Halloween candy from your kid's bags...whatever you want.

Enjoying fall,
Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment