Pages

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Zucchini Ribbons


First of all, I would like to congratulate my wonderful husband (and all my ICO friends :) on doing a fantastic job on Step 1 of their boards!  Incase you never heard me complain loudly about boards (and God knows you never heard Peter complain about them...he's borderline saintly about trudging through this crap), they are a part of licensing requirements, and basically, they blow to prepare for.  It was literally a "final exam" of all the stuff Peter has learned during the last three years...and he knocked it out of the park!!   To celebrate, we're going to a Brazilian steakhouse on Friday with friends.  Not familiar with Brazilian steakhouses?  Maybe I'll post about it...it's a protein-laden, wear comfy pants type of affair you could experience vicariously through me if you don't happen to have one down your street.

Do you need a super fast veggie side?  This little number takes literally minutes to prepare and is fresh and light, plus looks kinda fancy :)  Just please, please, please don't cook the snot out of the poor zucchini ribbons.  Most people have a tendency to overcook vegetables (myself included), but I think that's one of the reason some people find veggies unappealing.  So trust me when I say, cook the ribbons super fast, while tossing them with two forks until they are basically warmed through.

Zucchini Ribbons
2 Zucchini
1 garlic clove, finely minced
Olive oil, salt and pepper
Juice from half a lemon

Cut off the ends of the zucchini.  Using a vegetable peeler, make zucchini ribbons, stopping just before the seeds.  Dry the zucchini with paper towel.  Heat a skillet over medium high heat.  Add olive oil, and quickly sautee garlic until slightly softened.  Add in zucchini ribbons, and toss using two forks for 2 minutes or until just tender.  Season with salt, pepper, and lemon juice.  Add basil or chives if desired.  Serve immediately!

No comments:

Post a Comment