Pages

Thursday, June 14, 2012

Meditteranean Dip


I'm sorry guys!  The blog posts are getting spotty, at best.  We're all busy, I'm no special case, but life has been in a (fun/exciting) tailspin lately.  I had my last day of third year yesterday (yay!!), which was also possibly the last day I'll do adult medicine (kinda weird, right?, but my whole fourth year is set up with pediatric rotations, and of course during residency I won't see adults).  I have the big "shelf" (end of rotation final) exam tomorrow morning, then it's a quick packing job and I'm headed home Saturday for Wisconsin Rapids, my hometown!  I'll be doing a two week rotation with a general pediatrician (who actually served as MY pediatrician once upon a time...) which will be super, duper fun.  Plus I get to spend time with family.  Fantastic!  Oh, and I take Step 2 of the USMLE (MD licencing examinations, no big deal) in like 5 weeks....so there's that.

So amist all that jazz, I offer you this dip.  It seems simple, but I made it for two get togethers with friends, and people were literally scraping the plate with pita chip shards.  If you're not familiar with hummus, you should introduce yourself.  It's a Greek-ish puree of chickpeas (aka Garbanzo beans) and it's delish and healthy for you.  I take some to work to dip crackers or carrots in.  Try it, you'll like it.

As a friendly reminder, in July I'll be posting some more "Stethoscope" oriented articles that I'm writing as a senior project.  I'll teach you all about diabetes (and why you should try really, really hard not to get it), how babies transition from inside the uterus to outside, what it takes to become a doctor, and who knows what else.  It might be fun.

Mediterranean Dip

1 container hummus
Your favorite combo of the following, diced to similar sizes
-black olives
-Cucumber
-Sun Dried Tomatoes
-Regular tomatoes
-Chickpeas
-Cilantro
-Pine nuts, toasted
Feta cheese
Pita Chips, for serving

On a large, circular serving plate, spread hummus.  Top with all the lovely Mediterranean-themed items in a hodge-podge fashion.  Top with feta cheese.  Try not to consume half the plate before your guests arrive.

No comments:

Post a Comment