Pages

Friday, April 6, 2012

Black Bottom Banana Cream Pie

You can't see the chocolate, but it's there :)
How is it Friday already?  Whoopsies, it's been a while since I've blogged...but to be completely honest, surgery is interfering with my baking time.  Priorities...

Whatever...I made this a while ago, and it's one of our favorites.  Banana cream pie has always been one of Peter's favorites, and with a layer of chocolate at the bottom, you really can't go wrong.  If you really wanted to get crazy, you could spread some peanut butter on the crust before you placed the chocolate pieces.  A word of warning though...don't melt the chocolate and spread it on the bottom of the pie.  I know, it seems like a really good idea but it's not.  The chocolate gets super hard and it makes eating the pie really awkward.  As you try to fork though the slice, it will go flying off your plate.  Just keep it in chunks.  

If you don't know by now, I hate bananas...like hate them.  But I find that I don't mind the flavor of banana pudding.  Not the potassium powerhouse that a real banana is, but I'll figure that out somewhere else in my diet.  Don't worry about me.

Black Bottom Banana Cream Pie
1 chocolate graham cracker crust
2 Hershey's chocolate bars, broken into pieces
2 packages instant sugar free banana cream pudding mix
Milk
4 oz Cool Whip

Place chocolate in the bottom of the pie shell.  Prepare pudding:  mix both packets with the amount of milk for a pie (on the box).  Spread half the pudding on top of the chocolate.  Fold the Cool Whip into the remaining pudding, and spread on top of the plain pudding layer.  Refrigerate until ready to serve :)

No comments:

Post a Comment