Pages

Saturday, July 28, 2012

Greek Shrimp Quinoa


I'm finally done with my pediatric sub-internship, which was super fun, but the break is welcome!  I have the week off, then I'm headed to Madison for the month of September to do a pediatric pulmonology rotation and to scout the program :)  I'm not particularly fond of the idea of leaving Peter and Lady for a month, but I'm sure I'll have some fun.  Adventures to follow!

So this quinoa recipe was great...and I kind of made it up on the fly.  I love using quinoa, which (if you don't know by now) is a grain/rice-like thing that's super packed with protein and other great stuff for you.  This kept super well for lunch leftovers during the week!

Check out "Team Napping".  Gotta love shameless Sundays!

Greek Shrimp Quinoa

1 cup dry quinoa
Zest and juice from 3 limes
2 Tbsp olive oil
Salt and pepper
1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
1 cucumber, peeled and seeded, chopped
1/4 cup black olives, chopped
1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
1 lb shrimp, chopped and sauteed.
Feta cheese for serving

Prepare 1 cup dry quinoa according to package directions.  Allow to cool.  In a large bowl combine lime zest and juice, olive oil, and salt and pepper.  Stir in quinoa and remaining ingredients (except feta), stir well.  Serve room temp or chilled.

No comments:

Post a Comment